EXPO OPERATIONS - COVID-19 SAFETY
In order to provide the safest environment possible for the 2021 SUN 'n FUN Aerospace Expo, we need your input and cooperation. The COVID-19 Review Committee will receive your information and determine the best operational and safety procedures to be put in place for the best possible outcome.
The 47th Annual SUN ‘n FUN Aerospace Expo is scheduled from April 13-18, 2021. The COVID-19 worldwide pandemic we have experienced over the last year has provided SUN ‘n FUN a very unique opportunity to view our event operations from a very different perspective. We wish to continue to bring you the best aviation event possible in the safest manner.
SUN ‘n FUN continues to follow all CDC, State of Florida and City of Lakeland COVID-19 requirements and guidelines and will be required to follow any future mandates set forth to protect those visiting our site.
A COVID-19 Review Committee has been chartered, consisting of SUN ‘n FUN staff, dedicated volunteers and medical personnel. This committee will interview leads in each functional area of the event to determine how our COVID-19 response will be implemented. This interaction will help educate all our volunteers and operational staff to assist and support the needs of our guests and business partners. This committee may also reach out to our business partners to alleviate their concerns and bring their needs into our discussion.
Our COVID-19 media plan is to disseminate this information to our guests, business partners and volunteers through the event website (www.flysnf.org), email blasts and news releases as more updated information becomes available. Please refer to the SUN ‘n FUN website to receive the most accurate up-to-date COVID-19 event information.
Following are our planned operational procedures and requirements we will implement in order to provide a safe environment and insure all those attending the Expo:
- Guests must follow all posted COVID-19 instructions while visiting the 2021 SUN 'n FUN Aerospace Expo
- Masks will be required in all areas where social distancing is not achievable, such as exhibit hangars, ticket queues, enclosed tents and guest shuttles. Signage will be in place reminding guests of this requirement.
- Guests will be encouraged to wear masks in all open-air locations. Masks will be required where social distancing cannot be maintained, including outdoors.
- SUN ‘n FUN will provide access to masks and other sanitization options for those guests in need of them.
- P/A announcements and signage will be used to remind guests to social distance and comply with other COVID-19 guidelines and restriction.
- We plan to limit daily event ticket sales, reduce capacities and/or expand footprints in areas where large groups gather, such as the Preferred Airshow Seating and the Exhibit Hangars.
- All indoor exhibitors will be required to wear masks, as will guests entering the hangars or other enclosed exhibit areas. Outdoor exhibitors can manage access to and requirements in their exhibit booth operation as they require, however we ask that our posted policies be adhered to in every case.
- Volunteers who work in enclosed areas will be required to wear masks. Chairmen and volunteer workforces in all open-air locations, and operations that do not require social distancing, can determine what are the best safety requirements for their operation.
- All eating locations will implement social distanced seating and undergo continuous wipe down procedures as well as overnight long-term disinfecting spray downs.
- All permanent bathrooms and portable shower houses will have attendants in place to conduct ongoing sanitization operations.
- All permanent shower houses, high touch or traffic areas and port-a-potties will receive a long-term disinfectant spray down each night.
- We are reviewing pedestrian traffic flows and will implement changes as necessary to limit congestion points.
- COVID-19 response procedures will be included in our daily event briefing in order to curtail any ongoing issues of non-response and address areas of need.
* Any of the above information is subject to change
Our dedicated committee will continue to meet to ensure that the above measures are addressed, procedures put in place and bring to the forefront any additional needs that may be brought to our attention. If the information above has not address concerns that you may have, we encourage you to contact us through COVIDsafety@flysnf.org.