Early Bird Volunteer Program
Help us prepare for sun 'n fun
EarlyBird volunteers commit to live on our SUN ‘n FUN Expo Campus from January 15th through a week after the show. To be an Early Bird, we require you live at least 50 miles from the SUN ‘n FUN campus. Early Birds are asked to commit to 24-32 weekly volunteer hours each week, Monday – Thursday. These hour may change during what we call “Crunch Time” which is a month before the Aerospace Expo. Our EarlyBirds' primary function is to prepare for the SUN ‘n FUN Aerospace Expo, however because our facility rental venue has grown to so much more, we also need help with other events such as Dog shows, BBQ competitions, Car shows, Motorcycle Rallies, fundraising dinner events and a whole lot more. It is mandatory that you/spouse are able to walk unassisted during the workday and be capable of lifting objects weighing at least 30 pounds.
As an Early Bird living in our campground you can also look forward to these great benefits:
- Full RV hook-ups
- Free wireless internet
- Really great affordable lunches in our volunteer kitchen
- The opportunity meet interesting people from all over the country and Canada
- Share stories around the fire pit
- Physical labor that enhances sleep
- Learn new skills
- Free dinners from time to time
- Friendly “bocce ball” competitions
- Free comic relief from staff members
And last but not least, being a part of the best aviation expo on the planet!
Every EarlyBird volunteer is required to be a member of the Florida Air Museum, so a special discounted rate for memberships is offered to our EarlyBird family. The rates for a one-year membership are as follows: Individual Membership $20.00, Dual $35.00 and a family membership (of 4) $60.00. This discounted membership also provides free or discounted admission to over 200 Science and Technology Museums around the nation. (Through our membership in the Association of Science and Technology Center) reciprocal membership information can be found at astc.org
- Free admission to the Museum for one full year
- Admission discounts to other museums and attractions who are members of the Association of Science and Technology Centers (ASTC)
- Discount (10%) in the Gifts of Flight store (even on-line!)
- Yearly email blasts
- Invitations to MEMBERS ONLY events such as our annual Rendezvous.
- Weekly Newsletters
We hope you will consider joining the ACE / SUN ‘n FUN family. Please fill out the application below completely. If you have any questions, please email Robin McFarland, Volunteer Director for ACE / SUN ‘n FUN and or call her at 863-904-4044. Once your application is received and reviewed Robin will contact you. If there is an opening we will send you a letter or email of acceptance notifying you we have a camping spot available. If there is no camping spot available at that time we ask if you would like to be put on our waiting list.