We are expecting quite a lot of you to bring your aircraft to the SUN 'n FUN Holiday Flying Festival and Car Show! To help our tower controllers manage this event in their already busy airspace, please download and read the NOTAM that details arrival, parking, and departure procedures. Please keep an eye on this page for additional details as they become available.
PLAN TO ARRIVE WELL PRIOR TO CLOSURE TIMES. The airspace is expected to be very busy, and accumulated traffic in the arrival pattern may back up well prior to the NOTAM closure times. KLAL is a FAR Part 139 Commercial Airport, and we have considerable commercial traffic coming and going at all times, including large 737 and 767 aircraft. These take additional time to clear the pattern or runway.
YOU MUST PROVIDE YOUR OWN TIE DOWNS AND /OR CHOCKS.
- Night arrivals and departures to the event are NOT recommended.
- RWY 8/26 IS NOT AVAILABLE FOR ARRIVALS AND DEPARTURES PER AIRPORT POLICY
- There will be marshals staffed to assist during daylight hours only. Airside access will not be available to or from the SUN 'n FUN grounds after dark.
- If you plan to arrive at night, please plan to park at Sheltair on the North side of the field and taxi over the following day.
- If you plan to depart at night, please reposition your aircraft to Sheltair prior to airshow times or sunset accordingly.
- Sheltair website: https://sheltairaviation.com/locations/lal/
- Fuel will be available via Sheltair truck, or at self serve fuel farms located on the KLAL field.
- Link to KLAL AirNav website information: https://www.airnav.com/airport/KLAL
THERE WILL BE A TFR BOTH FRIDAY AND SATURDAY:
- Friday - 4:30 PM - 6:30 PM
- Saturday - 2:30 PM - 4:30 PM
ALL ARRIVING AIRCRAFT should have a window placard with one of the following depicting your intended place at the event:
EXH Exhibitor (Prior Permission Required)
GAP General Aviation Parking Area
GAC General Aviation Camping Area
SHO Show Plane Parking (Prior Permission Required)
STOL STOL Competitor Parking (Prior Permission Required)
Double M Aviation has generously offered to have services available to address maintenance or repair issues that may come up during your visit to the SUN 'n FUN Holiday Flying Festival and Car Show. The repair services will be headquartered at the Lakeland Aero Club, located near the main entrance to the event, south of the Car Show area. For more information, please contact Double M Aviation at 863-940-3450. Website - https://doublemaviation.com/