Why Camp With Us?
We hope you enjoy your stay with us! Whether you are spending a night or the whole week, camping at SUN ‘n FUN can give our guests the opportunity for a whole new experience during SUN ‘n FUN Aerospace Expo. After spending your days enjoying all things aviation, spend the evening enjoying entertainment and corn on the cob at the Corn Roast. We also offer nightly camaraderie at the Fire Hub or by your camper getting to know new friends with the same interest! If you are a movie buff, enjoy an outdoor movie at ACES’ Fly-In Flix.… Don’t forget to check the daily schedule for more after-dark activities Be sure to catch at least one of our two scheduled night airshows (Wednesday and Saturday nights). Of course, you are always welcome to grab a Uber and go to town for dinner! Come and spend the week with us… you will be glad you did!
The entrance Camper Registration for RV and Tent Camping will be moving to Hamilton Rd. for the 2023 event. Pease use the following address for your GPS: 4238 Hamilton Road – Lakeland, FL
Our campground is open to SUN ‘n FUN guests starting March 1 – April 2, 2023. Camper Registration on Hamilton Rd. will be open starting Tuesday, March 21.
Hours are as follows:
- March 21: 12:00 pm – 5:00 pm
- March 22 – 25: 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
- March 26 – 31: 8:00 am – 7:30 pm
- April 1: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
- April 2: CLOSED
Campers arriving prior to March 21 will need to proceed to the main SUN ‘n FUN entrance at 4175 Medulla Rd. take an immediate left to the Florida Air Museum, and request campground permit purchase at the front desk.
No registrations will be issued after 7:30 pm as all camper movement is prohibited after dark. If you arrive after hours, please camp in your current position in line. Please wake in time to be ready to register and move by the posted opening time so as to not block traffic.
Please follow roadside signage. Overnight RV Camping will also be hosted in the Camper Registration area.
|CAMPING RATES||All pricing includes sales & bed tax|
|Weekly||March 28 - April 2, 2023|
|Package One||Includes 1 Admission||$280|
|Package Two||Includes 2 Admissions||$420|
|Camping Only||Not Available Online||$140|
|Early||Prior to March 28||$32|
Corn Roast Entertainment Schedule
Check back soon for an updated 2023 performance schedule!
- Monday, March 27th
- Tuesday, March 28th
- Wednesday, March 29th
- Thursday, March 30th
- Friday, March 31st
- Saturday, April 1st
Information and Requirements
- All Convention Admissions, including all CAMPING FEES are due and will be collected at the time of arrival.
- All camping rates are subject to a 7% SALES TAX & 5% TOURIST TAX.
- A “camping unit” is defined as a tent, RV, trailer or aircraft.
- No early setups are permitted without a paid camping permit.
- Campground space is issued on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Camping is primitive (dry / no electric or water hookups) – However, water, showers, camp store, porta-potties and dump stations are available.
- ALL convention RV campground visitors are required to purchase weekly convention admission and campground credentials wristbands. Daily bands are not available for sale for the convention RV campground attendees.
- There are guests who desire to camp at SUN ’n FUN but cannot do so without the use of electricity for specific medical conditions. We have a very limited number of CAMPING spots that will allow an individual with this need to utilize an electrical outlet. These spaces are available on a first-come, first-served request, well in advance of the convention and backed up by medical documentation. You can request your space by filling out an online request or contacting the Handicap Services Chairman or, if you do not have the e-mail you may call (386) 690-9986.
- Sorry, No Refunds
General Campground Rules
Your Campground Volunteer Hosts are here to serve you, our guest. They can answer most of your questions and will help in any way they can to make your stay pleasant.
SUN ’n FUN’s telephone number is 863-644-2431, dial X150 for Sun ‘n Fun Security.
For life-threatening emergencies, dial 911 from any payphone or cell phone – Please tell the dispatcher you are in Polk County – Lakeland Airport at SUN ‘n FUN.
- JET TEAM AERIAL DEMONSTRATION – FAA requires all persons to vacate the area north of Yellow Line on Poberezny Rd. and the Overflow camping area during POSTED TIMES – Please refer to the event Info Guide for schedule information.
- You must display your proof of camper registration on your unit at all times. It must face the roadway in such a manner that Security can view it as they conduct campground checks.
- IN CASE OF EMERGENCY AT HOME – Please return your Locater Card promptly to the Campground Hosts or to one of the boxes you’ll find at each shuttle stop so we can find you. If possible and applicable, please provide your cell phone number in case of an emergency.
- The Campground Host’s decision is final!
- Electrical hook-ups are at a minimum and require pre-registration. Do not hook up to any electrical source! Do not remain hooked up – Hook ups will be cut!
- Water is available throughout the campground. Fill and leave the faucet, do not remain attached.
- Generators may be operated between 7 AM and 10 PM unless you are in the Overflow Camping area or in the (new) East Campground. The old 24-Hour generator area along Rocky Road is now hook-up camping.
- No camper unit movement will be permitted on-site after dark.
- Holding tanks may be emptied at one of the two dump stations located near Shower House “C” or contact the Campground Hosts for instructions to be serviced. Do not empty anything on the ground.
- HANDICAPPED CAMPING – Please do not park in any Handicapped Designated Camping Areas unless you have a Handicapped Permit issued by Handicap Services Chairman.
- Think ahead…Do not block road access for other campers.
- Do not rope off an area not assigned to you. Ropes and other markers will be removed unless the space has been paid for and is so marked! Maximum size is 20’ X 40’ per paid registration. No Exceptions!
- If you must temporarily vacate your site, you may leave an “occupied” sign.
- No open fires. Contained charcoal or gas grills are ok.
- We love pets, but not their mess. All pets must be leashed (by City Ordinance) AND please clean up behind them. Pets are allowed in the campground area only. PETS ARE NOT ALLOWED INSIDE THE CONVENTION SITE.
- Do not disturb your neighbors with loud music or partying past 10 PM. They may be early risers and disturb you at 5 AM!
- No wheeled vehicles allowed on top of, or inside of, the pond ridge.
Skateboards, Motorized Skateboards (Go-Peds), One Wheels, In-line skates or “Razor” type scooters are NOT ALLOWED to be used or ridden ANYWHERE on the Sun ‘n Fun grounds! Bicycles are allowed in the RV Campground ONLY – No access to Convention Site or Airside any time of day!
Be a Happy Camper! Relax and have fun!! We are glad you’re here!!
WELCOME TO SUN ‘n FUN – For SUN ‛n FUN information, please tune to AM 1510 WPEP
- The Fire-Hub area is provided for the enjoyment of guests and volunteers who are camping in the SUN ‘n FUN Campground.
- The wood supply is for this fire pit only. Please DO NOT take wood to individual campsites. Ground fires are not permitted in the campground unless in approved above ground campfire containers.
- DO NOT add flammable liquids or excessive amounts of wood to the fire.
- The fire pit is NOT A REFUSE CONTAINER. Place your bottles, cans and other disposables in garbage containers located nearby in the campground.
- Remember, QUIET TIME starts at 10:00 p.m. in the campground. Many volunteers who camp nearby start their workdays early.
- Fire-hub area MUST be vacated by MIDNIGHT!
- UNRULY BEHAVIOR WILL NOT BE TOLERATED! Any individual deemed unruly will be asked to leave by SUN ‘n FUN Security and if necessary, the Lakeland Police Department will be called.
Thanks for helping us make this an enjoyable area for everyone!