EXPO – Frequently Asked Questions
The SUN ‘n FUN Expo Campus is the home of the annual SUN ‘n FUN Aerospace Expo! We look forward to your participation and hope this page will help you with any questions concerning your trip to Central Florida.
These FAQs serve as a general guideline for guests attending the EXPO including ticket sales, camping and general information. These guidelines may change due to event logistics or schedule changes. We will do our best to keep this information as up-to-date as possible.
If you do not see your answer here, please contact our customer support department.
Q. What is the address for the SUN ‘n FUN Expo Campus?
A. The street address is:
SUN ‘n FUN Expo Campus
4075 James C. Ray Dr.
Lakeland, FL 33811
Q. How can I host an event at the SUN ‘n FUN Aerospace Expo?
A. The SUN ‘n FUN Aerospace Expo can meet the needs of any event, large or small. Click here to find out more or contact our Event Sales Department at (863) 904-4024 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Q. What are the event dates and times?
A. April 9- 14, 2024 Expo Hours – 9:00 am – 6:00 p.m. (till 10:00 p.m. on Wednesday and Saturday – Please check website schedules for additional event details.
Q. May I bring a backpack?
A. Yes – but, may be subject to search!
Q. May I bring my own chair?
Q. May I bring my own cooler?
A. Coolers are only permitted in the Convention Campground or if you are camping with your aircraft.
Q. Where are the Hand Sanitizer Locations?
A. SUN ‘n FUN Expo Campus is committed to the health and wellness of any guest attending events. As part of this commitment, host organizations are encouraged to offer complimentary hand sanitizer. Hand sanitizers will be provided in appropriate locations.
Q. May I bring a pop-up tent or large umbrellas?
A. Pop-up tents are not permitted. These items are blow-away hazards and obstruct the view for other guests.
Q. May I bring my own golf cart?
A. No, personal golf carts are not permitted – Golf carts are for official use. Mobility carts are available for rent onsite. For those confined to wheelchairs or other mobility devices, please refer to our Handicap Services Information.
Q. Will golf carts be available to rent?
A. Golf carts are not available for rent to the general public.
Q. Are Pets Allowed?
A. Pets are allowed in campground areas ONLY (not on airside) and must be leashed. Pets are not permitted on the Fly-In Expo site and on airside. Qualified service animals are allowed on leashes. You are required to clean up after your pet/service animal and leave the area clean. Please note that the SUN ‘n FUN Expo Campus has expansive asphalted areas that can get very hot in the Florida sun and cause harm to pets. This event often features performances with loud noise or explosions. If your pet is sensitive to loud noises, please leave them at home. Aggressive pets and their owners will be asked to vacate the site.
Q. What items are prohibited on the SUN ‘n FUN Expo Site?
A. In general, the following are prohibited items for any event on the SUN ‘n FUN Expo Campus:
- Roller skates, roller blades, skateboards, “Razor” style boards, hoverboards, Segway personal transports or any other self-propelled device are not permitted onsite. Devices meeting the following requirements are allowed: a. One person electric/handicapped convenience vehicles; and b. other personal disability devices, such as Segways, when required because of the individual’s mobility disability and when operated in a safe manner, consistent with 28 C.F.R. 36.311(b)(1)).
- Bicycles are permitted in the Campground only. Bicycles are NOT permitted on airside before, during or after convention hours.
- Coolers are restricted, except those guests who are camping in the RV Campground or on airside with their aircraft. Large coolers can be kept in their camping area, but may be subject to search at any time. Random security checks can be done on coolers, backpacks, large purses and other bags as required. All items, vehicles and persons are subject to search.
- Unauthorized or uncredentialed vehicles;
- Weapons, except for those carried and concealed pursuant to a valid concealed weapons permit, pursuant to Chapter 790, Florida Statutes;
- Fireworks, explosives or explosive devices, and any inflammable product.
- Destructive devices;
- Illegal substances;
- All remotely controlled devices such as drones, aircraft, cars, etc.;
- Any alcoholic beverage (unless in SUN ‘n FUN designated areas)
- Oversized backpacks
- Offsite food and beverage except in camping areas.
Prohibited items, not allowed on site, are the responsibility of the individual who brought the item.
Q. Are there designated smoking areas?
A. Smoking is permitted in designated areas only and is clearly marked onsite and on the convention map. Smoking is NOT permitted on airside or around aircraft.
Q. I would like to link to this site from my homepage. Can I use the SUN ‘n FUN logo and name?
A. The SUN ‘n FUN name and logo are registered trademarks. Refer to our legal notice for more information on its proper and legal use.
Q. What other things are there to do in the area after my visit to the SUN ‘n FUN Expo Campus?
A. Please visit www.visitcentralflorida.org for the best source of area events and attractions.
Q. How can I buy Admission Tickets?
A. Admission Tickets are available online or upon arrival at any ticket window location or mobile registration operation on airside.
Q. How do I redeem my online purchase for an entry band?
A. You may bring a copy of a valid printed ticket purchase with QR Code or display your code purchase from a mobile device. Your ticket will be redeemed for a SUN ‘n FUN Aerospace Expo entry wristband at any Registration location.
Q. How Do I Upgrade My Ticket Purchase?
You may update your ticket purchase by choosing from any of the ticket types below. Each of these are available for sale online and onsite (if space is still available). Online purchases before the cutoff date of the 9/27 Club or VIP packages include admission to the event.
Admission Ticket Upgrades
Q. How do I purchase a General Admission ticket for a particular day?
A. Online general admission single day tickets are not date-specific and can be used for any day of the convention week.
Q. How do I take advantage of a member discount?
A. SUN ‘n FUN recognizes many Aviation Member Associations and Organizations. Members purchasing a discounted ticket are required to provide a discount code at the time of purchase. Codes must be acquired from the member organization.
Q. What is the charge for General Auto Parking?
A. General Parking fees are as follows:
- $10 per day for general parking (online purchase only)
- $20 per day for general parking (onsite purchase)
- $30 per day for preferred parking. (onsite purchase)
- $60 for weekly general parking (online purchase only)
- $80 for weekly general parking (onsite purchase)
- NO OVERNIGHT CAMPING IS PERMITTED IN THE MAIN AUTO PARKING LOT.
- AUTO PARKING Hours in the main lot are 7 a.m. – 10 p.m.
Planning Your Trip
- ACCOMMODATIONS INFORMATION
- AIRSHOW SCHEDULE
- DRIVING INFORMATION
- FLYING INFORMATION
- MAPS – EXPO AND CAMPING
- PARKING MAPS
- TRANSPORTATION & CAR RENTAL
Q. When does the campground open for the SUN ‘n FUN Aerospace Expo?
A. March 11 – April 14, 2024 – Camping fees will be collected from the date of arrival through the end of the event.
See (General Camping Info) for general and registration information.
Q. Where is Camper Registration and when does it open?
A. The new entrance for Camper Registration will be located at 4238 Hamilton Rd. – Lakeland, FL) and will be open starting Tuesday, April 2.
Q. What are the Hours for Camper Registration?
A. Hours are as follows:
- March 11 – April 1: 9:00 pm – 5:00 pm – Registration available at the Florida Air Museum Front Desk.
- April 2 – April 8: 9:00 am – 5:00 pm – Camper Registration on Hamilton Rd opens.
- April 9-12: 8:00 am – 7:30 pm
- April 13: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
- April 14: CLOSED
No registrations will be issued after 7:30 pm as all camper movement is prohibited after dark. If you arrive after hours, please camp in your current position in line at Camper Registration. Please be awake, ready to register and move by the posted opening time so as to not block traffic.
Q. What if I plan to arrive between March 1 and April 1 for Camping?
A. Campers who plan to arrive early will need to proceed to the main SUN ‘n FUN entrance at 4075 James C. Ray Dr. (GPS) take an immediate left to the Florida Air Museum and go to the second floor to the finance department.
Q. What if I have a Camper Rental Company delivering a camper to the site?
A. If a camper rental company is making a delivery for you, they must have your name and ticket information to bring the rig onto the site unless you plan to meet them upon arrival.
Q. What Amenities are available in the RV/Tent campground?
A. Amenities include water spigots (no permanent hook-ups), dump stations; camp store; showers, Port-a-lets, corn roast and music, food vendors, movie night and a Fire-Hub.
Q. What Amenities are available when I camp on airside?
A. Access to showers, camp store; Port-a-lets, music, and food vendors.
CAMPSITE SIZE is 20’x40’, larger rigs can be accommodated in a limited number of spaces on site.
- DRY CAMPSITES ARE AVAILABLE ON A FIRST-COME, FIRST-SERVE BASIS. Camping types include RV, Trailer, Tent & Aircraft (except for limited Handicapped camping).
- CAMPSITES ALONG NORTH FENCE LINE (runway view) are now dry camping sites and are first-come, first-serve camp spaces.
- ELECTRIC CAMPSITES now located along Rocky Rd. are very limited and MUST BE RESERVED (this process is not currently available online). There is a waiting list for electric camp spaces.
- GENERATOR USE: Use only allowed between 7 a.m. and 10 p.m. unless camping in specified generator 24-hour generator areas.
- HANDICAP CAMPING PERMIT is limited and a request requires an application process.
- GROUP CAMPING: A group must either arrive together or the first camper must have registration information and payment for all campers in the group prior to saving camp spaces for the group.
Q. What is allowed in the Campground?
- PETS – Allowed in campground area ONLY and must be leashed. Pets are not permitted on the EXPO site or on airside. Qualified service animals are allowed on leash. You are required to clean up after your pet/service animal and leave the area clean.
- PERSONAL CONVEYANCES: BICYCLES & PERSONAL GOLF CARTS are allowed in west RV campground only. You must adhere to the posted speed limit signs at all times. All drivers must have a valid driver’s license to operate a golf cart in the west RV campground. No access to Expo Site or Airside any time of day!
- Attendees must adhere to all Campground Rules (Need a link to campground rules here)
Q. What is NOT allowed in the Campground?
- GROUND FIRES are NOT permitted.
- SKATEBOARDS, MOTORIZED SKATEBOARDS (GO-PEDS), ONE WHEELS, IN-LINE SKATES or “RAZOR” type scooters are NOT ALLOWED to be used or ridden ANYWHERE on the SUN ‘n FUN Aerospace Expo grounds and airside.
- You may not rope-off or save a space without a camp permit purchased for that camp space.
Q. What services are provided?
- Shower Houses
- Camp Store
- PUMP-OUTS: Available for purchase by contacting Campground Hosts.
- Wi-Fi: Contact Campground Hosts for assistance. (only available is some camping areas)
What Type of Camping Do I Need to Buy?
- WEEKLY CAMPING can be purchased as a package with one or two event admission tickets to park in the main Expo Campground area. All members in the camping party are required to purchase and wear an admission wristband for the length of their stay.
- SINGLE DAY CAMPING is NOT sold online. Single Day camping is available in limited specified locations only, not in the main Expo Campground area. Single Day camping fees do not include admission to Aerospace Expo, it must be purchased additionally.
- AIRCRAFT CAMPING: The (GAC) General Aircraft Camping is available for those who wish to camp with their aircraft. NEW IN 2023 – All GAC aircraft camping will be located on airside east of the 5/23 runway and north of Echo. Aircraft camping is also permitted in Homebuilt Camping (also in a new location), Vintage and Seaplane.
- Early arrival fee for RV campers is $35.00 per day. Early arrivals registration is NOT available online. There is no early arrival fee for aircraft campers beginning Saturday, April 6th.
AIRCRAFT CAMPING WINDOW PLACARDS
- GAC – General Aircraft Camping
- HBC – Homebuilt Camping
- SP – Seaplane Camping/Parking
- VAC – Vintage Aircraft Camping/Parking
No aircraft arrivals are permitted on the southside of the field before Saturday, April 6. See (General Camping Info) for general and registration information.
Q. How can I arrange for Handicapped Permitted Camping?
A. There is limited availability of electrical hookups for campers requiring electricity for medical conditions. Camp space must be requested through an online application and approved before arrival. For questions, please contact Handicap Services Chairman at (386) 690-9986.
Q. Is Handicapped Event Parking Available?
A. Handicapped parking is located in the north section of the main general auto parking lot and is adjacent to the Preferred Parking
Q. Are mobility scooters available for rent?
A. Limited on-demand rentals are available onsite. Click here to make advanced reservations.