Plan Your Trip
Flying In Information
Plan Your Trip
SUN ‘n FUN
Pilot Welcome Center
SUN ‘n FUN is happy to offer our Pilot Welcome Center, brought to you by Phillips 66, located across the taxiway Foxtrot from the Vintage Hospitality building. This facility will provide free wireless internet (the password will change daily, so be sure to check the desk for the new one!), flight planning facilities, and other flight-related services. Be sure to visit and take advantage of this new service while learning about the products and services Phillips 66 has to offer. Hours: 8 AM – 6:30 PM daily. Flight planning and self-serve weather services are available all day.
If you are a pilot who is planning to fly into the show, please make sure you turn in your SUN 'n FUN Pilot Registration card to participate in the Fly-In Style Program, register for a Pilot Giveaway or have a chance to win prizes drawn from the submissions. Be sure to ask for your card from any airside registration location, including Mobile Registration. Thanks for flying in and Good Luck!
Aircraft Parking & Camping
If you are flying to Lakeland (LAL), display a sign in your window indicating your tie-down area by using one of the abbreviations below:
Click below for printable Aircraft Parking Signs.
- GAC – General Aircraft Camping
- GAP – General Aircraft Parking
- HB – Home Built
- HBC – Homebuilt Camping
- HC– Handicapped
- ONC – Overnight Aircraft Camping
- SP– Seaplane Parking
- VAC – Vintage Aircraft Camping/Parking
- WB– Warbird Parking
Your sign should have a light color background with dark six inch letters that can be seen 50 feet away. NOTE: Please DO NOT USE AN ELECTRONIC TABLET FOR YOUR SIGN! The screens are polarized and will go black when viewed through most cockpit canopies.
Only aircraft built from 1970 or earlier are permitted to park or camp in the Vintage Aircraft Parking.
Local Area Airports
We appreciate the event support we receive from our surrounding airport communities. Many of these airports provide SUN ‘n FUN ticket sales, rental car services and shuttles to and from SUN ‘n FUN.
Click Here for a printable PDF file containing the Local Area Airport Directory.
Aircraft Fuel and Petroleum Safety Tips
The Federal Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has established stringent regulations for the routine handling, disposal and/or accidental release (spills) of aircraft fuel and other petroleum based products – complete with significant fines/penalties for non-compliance.
As Sun ‘n Fun’s compliance partner, A-C-T Environmental & Infrastructure’s trained personnel are on site and ready to mobilize should there be a fuel or other contaminant release. In this official role, A-C-T will work, cooperatively, with aircraft owners, local first responder agencies, SUN ‘n FUN and the various regulatory agencies to ensure safety and compliance with all environmental and health regulations.
IT IS EXTREMELY IMPORTANT TO NOTE THAT…aircraft owners are financially responsible (and will be billed) for any environmental issues created by their aircraft. This includes accidental spills regardless of the cause [e.g. owner or operator negligence, vandalism, act of nature (tornado), etc.]
To ensure that you have the best possible experience, SUN ‘n FUN offers these safety tips and best practices to prevent accidental spills and minimize financial obligation:
1. Secure (tie down) aircraft in anticipation of adverse weather including strong gusting winds.
2. Make sure aircraft is on level ground. If not, adjust fuel levels or plug fuel tank vents to prevent leaks.
3. Be careful when fueling aircraft. Over-fueling often causes fuel to run onto the ground and accumulations equate to contamination.
4. When checking aircraft fuel levels, do not dump sumped fuel on the ground.
5. Place pans under any leaking fuel or oil from aircraft.
6. Properly dispose of surplus fuels (sumped fuel and/or fuel collected from leaks)
7. If a spill occurs, REPORT IT IMMEDIATELY to a SUN ‘n FUN volunteer. This is critically important because trained environmental emergency responders can minimize negative impacts with early intervention!
Remember, A-C-T stands ready to be your compliance partner. You can reach us 24/7 by calling 800.226.0911. To learn more about A-C-T’s expertise and capabilities, see www.A-C-T.com . We’re here to help make your SUN ‘n FUN experience enjoyable from beginning to end. Happy take-offs and landings!